Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Highlight Changes on Report Widget on a Sight

Options
Rocky Arnold
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I would like to see highlighted changes show up on report widgets on my sights.

I turn on "highlight changes" on the report, but I have to click through the Sight to open the report itself to see the highlighted changes. Is there any way the highlighted changes can be seen from the sight? That would be amazing.

Thanks,

Rocky

Tags:

Comments

• Gwyneth C
    Gwyneth C ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Rocky,

To confirm, there isn't a way to show the highlight changes from the report in the Sight. I have added this feature request to our Enhancement Request list and will share it with our development team.

Thanks for the suggestion!

-Gwyneth

• Frank Mazzella
    Options

Same sugestion.  Management / Readers can be hard-pressed to detect updates in a sight, so we have always highlighted them in our pre-Smartsheet reporting to make it "At-a-Glance".  Trying to figure out a work-around.

• Frank Mazzella
    Options

Hi, Rocky

I found a work-around that could help, but it requires conditional formatting in the report's underlying sheet.

If you add the system column "Modified" to the underlying sheet, and then apply conditional formatting based on when that column changes (e.g. in the past 2 days), then that formatting flows to the report and thence the sight.

• Rocky Arnold
    edited 03/03/17
    Options

Frank, that is a good work-around and I may add this!

I still would love for the updated cells to be highlighted so that the managers know what information changed, but this will at least let them know that something has changed. The can then click on the report and see what has changed.

Thanks for the response!

This discussion has been closed.