Exporting from Smartsheet to MS Project

Hi,

I'm having challenges exporting from Smartsheet to MS Project on two fronts:

1) Not all the columns are being taken over and I'm receiving the following error message:

I've even wiped all the data in the cells to just try and get the column headers to export, but no joy.

2) The data that does export which includes the Start, Finish and Duration is not exporting correctly. The dates are wrong.

I've found a few questions posted on this some years ago, but I couldn't find a conclusive answer on how to sort out problems such as these.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Answers

  • Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

    Hi Richard,

    It's hard to know what's going on without seeing your project in Smartsheet, but I found this article from Microsoft that outlines their limits that may help (see here).

    Because Smartsheet and Microsoft Project differ in their functionality, the exported sheet may display differently in either application. In these cases, you may want to copy data from one program, and paste it into the other using keyboard shortcuts Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V (Windows) or Command+C and Command+V (Mac). (See here)

    If you continue to have issues, I would suggest reaching out to Smartsheet Support and providing them with screen captures of your sheet & the sheet name so that they can replicate the issue you are seeing with similar data and troubleshoot this with you.

    Thanks!

    Genevieve