How do I set my grid/sheet by default to show current date at the top and oldest date at the bottom?

How do I set my grid/sheet by default to show current date at the top and oldest date at the bottom? When a person reviews/opens my grid/sheet, I need it to show current date of work at the top and oldest at the bottom by default. I know I can create filters but can a filter be set as a default? makes sense please and thank you for your help.

Answers

• L_123
    L_123 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/03/20

Go to share up on the top right, and at the bottom of the popup there is a dropdown with the option to choose a default view. Change it as necessary to get what you want.

*i just double checked and the sort option isn't there, my bad. could have sworn it was.

A workaround is to create a report and sort that.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Jenny,

Unfortunately, it's not possible at the moment to sort the sheet automatically, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment

As a workaround, I'd recommend using a Report instead because it will stay sorted the way you like.

The answer to your question about default filter, yes you can set a default filter in the sheet in the sharing window. Also, you can open the link where the sheet is already filtered.

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.