Is there a way to see who deleted a formula whose output was blank?

SYSPK
SYSPK ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have many formulas on my sheet, one of which keeps getting deleted in random rows throughout. The output is often blank to begin with so cell history doesn't tell me who deleted the formula there. And the sheet is so busy that the activity log doesn't help- since the histories of each row are fitted into 1 cell which gets maxed out with characters.

Is there a way to figure out who is clearing out the formulas? Unless it's a bug.

Thanks

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Have you tried filtering the activity log to only show cell changes?

What if you changed the output to be some random symbol and then used conditional formatting to "hide" that symbol so that it appears blank? Then you could track in cell history or use an Automation to alert you whenever that column changes from the symbol to blank.

So replace "" with "BLANK" in your formula then set up conditional formatting so that when the cell contains BLANK, change font color to white or whatever color the cell fill is which will make the cell appear blank.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Answers