Formulas seems not to be calculated

Options

I have a big sheet of ~11000rows by 30 columns (an asset register)

I added 2 columns to calculate the duplicates =IF(COUNTIF([L2]$1:[L2]@row, [L2]@row) > 1, 1, 0) and to select the rows to show in a filter =IF(AND([DuplicateL2]@row = 0, NOT([L2]@row = "")), 1, 0)

Copying/pasting or Selecting + CTRL+D the formulas has been already a Graal quest. I had to do it bit by bit. Many times the web page needed to be reloaded.... it took me almost a day.

There is not sign that the sheet is calculating when the formulas are copied. to the point I decided to fill the value 1 & 2 in 2 cells and try to add them in a third cell. No result showed up even after 1 minute.

Am I doing something wrong? Are there limitations that I do not know about?

Is there a way to force the calculation of formulas (like F9 in excel)?

Thanks for the advises and support

Regards

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Alain,

It could be that the processing power needed is too high.

I’d start to see if you could simplify the structure and make the formulas more efficient.

I've developed advanced client solutions, and sometimes I'll need to wait 5-10 seconds before everything is processed, sometimes even longer than that.

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!