Copying dates to another sheet

Hello Community. Today I'm looking for a solution to copy dates from one sheet to another sheet if they will occur within the next 30 days. I didn't want to use the Copy row Automation because it copies all the columns from sheet to the other and I can't select which fields I would like to transfer.

What I have is a project schedule on one sheet that lists all the start and finish dates along with financial data then I have a running action list on another list. When one of the phases from the 'Project Schedule' sheet has a finish date that is coming up, then I want the date and the project name to be copied to my 'Action List' so that I can have an action item that will cue me to schedule a meeting.

Not sure which work around will best fit this scenario. A formula? A report? Some type of cell linking?

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I would suggest a Report for this. You could have the report emailed to you on a recurring basis.

Or you could set up an automation that runs every morning to send you an email containing all of the rows that meet your criteria and you can select which columns are shown in the Automation.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Scott Peloquin

To add to Paul’s excellent suggestion.

Another possible workaround could be setting up a solution with VLOOKUP or an INDEX/MATCH combination.

What do you think?

Would that work/help?

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.