Is there a formula I can use to have my end date calculated by the start date and duration column?

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Smartsheet does not currently calculate time. It can be done, but the exact solution will depend on a handful of details.

HERE is a thread that has links to some time based solutions. Feel free to browse them and let me know on this thread if you have any questions. If you do not find what you are looking for, I'd be happy to list out a few questions that need answered and try to help you with a solution.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• @Paul Newcome those solutions did not answer my question. I need to know how to calculate the end date based on the Duration Hours per task and the start date of the task.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

OK. Since none of those worked for you...

Are you assuming 24 hour days so that if your duration is 24 then you advance to the next day or are you working with maybe 8 hour days where a duration of 24 would advance you by three days?

Are you wanting to skip weekends?

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com