Scheduling smart sheet for construction activities with different team groupings.

Hey Everyone,

I have been given an excel 3 week schedule that I would like to turn into a smart sheet so we may use the form option to populate data. We have different superintendents and would like for them to fill out a form within their grouped category. "Lee Knoth" would be one sub group and Darren E would be the other, and the forms would be the column under their name. So basically have one form for Lee and another for Darren so it populates with in those groupings. Please see in the example below and let me know if anyone has a template or know how to do what I am asking for. Please see in the example below and let me know if anyone has a template or know how to do what I am asking for.

Thanks,

Answers

• Matt Johnson
    Matt Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Kenneth French,

I think you are looking for a combination of forms and reports? Maybe add a column for the superintendents and have each row assigned to a superintendent. Then create a report for Lee and one for Darren. Lee and Darren could do their updates in the report and it would update your worksheet. If they are used to excel, they might appreciate the grid view of a report.

You could use a form as well for adding new rows. I've used the top row on reports to hold a link to the form so its a one-stop-shop for the field team.

I hope that helps.

Matt Johnson

Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner