Do any other companies utilize Smartsheet for Weekly/Monthly Status Reports?

We are looking to move away from Excel based 'status reports' that are emailed each week to something that is more readily accessible and easier to manage/track.

At a high level, each week an employee completes a status report on the projects/tasks they are working on or have completed.

Our requirements would include:

• Have an auto-generated ‘status report’ sheet created each week for them to complete
  • The sheet would auto-populate with the previous week’s content, so that way minor changes can be made to the dates/data without have to re-type everything
  • Reminders would be enabled if they didn’t’ submit/complete their status report (potentially we could have validation on a field to make sure it has content added by X date)
  • Security would be enabled so that an individual can only see their own sheet but a director can see their whole team and the VP can see everyone

If this question is a little unclear, let me know and I can provide some additional context/mockup.

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Ryan,

Yes, they absolutely do.

In almost all of my client projects, I set up multiple reports for different stakeholders. Reports combined with dashboards are an excellent combination as well.

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi Ryan,

We use Smartsheet for our weekly status documents with clients and partners and it works great. No more emailing around excel or changes being overwritten. We added a checkbox column to all of our sheets and applied conditional formatting so if there is a key item to discuss or flag that and the box is checked it automatically highlights the row in yellow and pulls into a holistic program dashboard for the account. I would suggest aligning on a template and making copies for all of your teams to use with their separate access that way rolling up the information for the director and VP will be more seamless into a report or dashboard.

All of the requirements you listed all seem doable in Smartsheet. Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Courtney

• @Ryan Stanish do you have a template for this that you can share? It looks like @Andrée Starå helped you with this a couple years ago, and I'm trying to create something similar for my organization. Thank you!

• Lisa Matthews
    Lisa Matthews ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello, @Ryan Stanish @Andrée Starå @cherilyn.bonin

I am also interested in seeing a template for this, if you are comfortable with sharing.

Thank you, in advance.

-Lisa