Formula for totalling specific options

Options

hello!

I have a sheet for a menu of options. We are building kits of different swag items and the sheet has 5 different options with different price breaks. I'd like a sales rep to be able to go in and select different options then see a kit price.

I was thinking I could add a check box column then pull a report on that checkbox. However, I need to show a total of the items selected and I don't think a report can do that. Here are the rows and columns for reference:

Is there a formula that I could put at the bottom of the sheet for each column that sums up the numbers in that column if there is a trigger? For example, if I add a check box column. Then the formula for the 100 Cost column would add up the figures in the three rows if the checkbox for that row is checked?

Or is there a way to do something with conditional formatting maybe? Or forms? Just some way for a rep to come in and see if they choose coffee mug option 2, water bottle option 5 and journal option 1 what the kit total would be at the different quantity points.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jackie Callahan

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Jackie,

Yes, a checkbox to select the option would work.

I’d recommend to either sum to the parent rows and add a top row to sum everything or use the Sheet Summary feature and sum everything there.

What do you think?

Would that work?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.