Formula not copied when rows moved to another sheet

Hello!

I have only recently noticed that when I move rows from one sheet to another, the formula doesn't get copied. I have one formula for automatic date calculation where it says "Used in formula on: <unknown sheet>" and then I have another set of formulas for automatic calculation of hours a month where it only copies the numbers but not the actual formula. Is this just a temporary issue or am I doing something wrong? Please note that I have several sheets- my project intake and proposal sheet has all the necessary formulas and the other sheets like "active projects" has the interface/design identical to the proposal sheet in terms of columns and names. So once I'm awarded a project, I tend to move it from Intake and proposal to "active".

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Michaela Kamenska

That is by design.

The copy row feature will copy the information, and if that comes from a formula, the formula will be replaced with it.

The only way to keep the formulas is to have them in a column in the Destination sheet and that the cell in the row that is copied is empty in the column(s)

Make sense?

Would that work?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.