Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Using Gant chart in Powerpoint

Options
Linda Woodworth
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I have a request to display the gant chart for a project within a powerpoint presentation.

When I export the plan to an image, it appears pretty small and grainy.  I would love to pick and choose some rows (I have already collapsed as many as I can) to display to see if the size would be better for the powerpoint slide but I don't see a way to hide rows.

Has anyone tried something different or have a different suggestion on how to display the plan in powerpoint?

Comments

• Linda Woodworth
    Options

Just found a previous discussion recommending Office Timeline - going to give that a try now.  Still open to other thoughts and suggestions.

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Linda

Office timeline should work for you better,but you may also wish to consider Power Bi as It produces lovely Graphical Dashboards in Real Time from Smartsheet Data and integrating those dashboards into Powerpoint should be easier if you actually need that? You could just maintain your Live Links in PowerPoint and on demand, jump to the Live dashboards rather than a snapshot in history, depends what you wish to represent? 

Hope that helps? 

RichardR

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Richard's answer works quite well.

If you are only trying to hide rows, then there are two options within Smartsheet:

1. Filter

2. Reports

Both of these may require a column (or two) to filter what you want.

I sometimes create an [Of Interest] checkbox column and then filter on that as necessary.

Hope this helps.

Craig

This discussion has been closed.