How can generate a weekly report using formula and without using a Column Helper?

Options

Hi,

Please help me on writing a formula to calculate the weekly sales data. Please see the attached screenshot of my example data.

Best Answers

• Benjo09
    Benjo09 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the formulas.

Should I only write @cell or I should select a cell?

Answers

• Benjo09
    Benjo09 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the formulas.

Should I only write @cell or I should select a cell?

• Stefan
    Stefan ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/10/20
    Options

Hi,

as I understand it, the price column shows the price per unit.

So

=SUMIFS(Qty:Qty, Date:Date, WEEKNUMBER(@cell) = WEEKNUMBER(TODAY()), Item:Item, "apple")

needs to be multiplied with the cost per unit, right?

=SUMIFS(Qty:Qty, Date:Date, WEEKNUMBER(@cell) = WEEKNUMBER(TODAY()), Item:Item, "apple") *2$

BUT... are the prices per unit fixed, or can they vary from week to week? You may consider using a cell for unit prices.

@Benjo09 The usage of @cell in the formulas is a must in this case. Have look here to learn more:

Hope this helps too

Stefan

Smartsheet Consulting, Solution Building, Training and Support.

Projects for Processes and for People.

• Benjo09
    Benjo09 ✭✭
    Options

Hi Paul & Stefan,

Thank You very much for helping me out. The data table is just a dummy table. I am applying the formula now in the actual sheet and referencing into another sheet.

There are occasions like when I am writing the first formula it is okay and then the next ones is resulting into #UNPARSEABLE.

Do you have tips to avoid this specially when you are writing a formula and referencing across to another sheet?

• Benjo09
    Benjo09 ✭✭
    Options

Thank you for the tips Stefan. It took me a great time when I am doing my summary table and when I am trying to paste some formula it prompts an error.It looks like It need to be referenced it over and over again. I hope that reference from another sheet could have a fixed symbol like $ in excel so that It will not changed or get overwrite if I wrongly reference in the series of my formulas in my summary sheet.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!