Can comment alerts be directed to the report rather than the main sheet?

Options

I have one sheet that runs my production schedule. Then we run multiple reports to show the schedule for each station. When we make comments, the alert will direct you to the sheet, not the relevant report. Is there a way to see the comments in a report?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi John,

Unfortunately, it's not possible at the moment to be directed to the report, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment

You can view the conversations in the report, so when you get the notification, you can look for it in the report instead.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Stacie Davis
    Options

I am wondering the same thing and running into the same issue. I have multiple vendor reports created from a mastersheet but when i make comments to update them on a sku, they get a notification linking them to the mastersheet which provides them the wrong row number since mastersheet shows comment is on row 580 but in their report its actually row 193. Also, I have to keep all my columns hidden in my mastersheet so vendors don't see other Vendor's information. I have to update information throughout the day which makes it impossible because it seems once a vendor gets access to the master sheet through a comment notification, they can now see or go back to the mastersheet. Also, directing them to a different row and a blank screen (columns hidden on mastersheet) means they will not know what SKU i'm referencing in their report. I really don't want to make a workaround sheet because I currently have 22 individual vendor reports and several internal BP reports linked to the mastersheet, due to confidentiality of certain information that need to be hidden.