Complete Through Progress Bar

Nick Casiday
Nick Casiday ✭✭
edited 07/14/20 in Formulas and Functions

My organization is moving from MS Project to Smartsheet and there is a functionality on the progress bar of the gantt chart in MS Project that I would like to see if Smartsheet can do. The Update Progress bar that shades % Complete in MS Project can be set to show Complete Through progress (the functionality is detailed in the link at the bottom).

This Complete Through functionality shows progress against planned work. So a parent task whose child tasks are all complete to date would have an Update Progress bar that is filled in to today's date. Similarly if tasks are ahead or behind schedule the bar would adjust to show ahead or behind of today's date.

In Smartsheet the shading represents the % Complete in the parent row spread across the total duration of the parent row. When I create reports with this information it confuses my stakeholders because it looks like we are ahead of schedule instead of on schedule.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/31f22d38-2b0c-4077-b40e-a950fe720532/summary-progress-bars-in-project-center?forum=projserv2010setup

Is it possible to get the Complete Through function in Smartsheet? Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nick

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!