Alert Workflow not triggering

1) I've set up a workflow that alerts contacts in a field when a checkbox is checked ("when a row is changed"). However, if I want to re-trigger the workflow because changes have been made to the sheet, simply un-checking the box, saving the sheet, and re-checking the box doesn't seem to trigger the alert. I've even tried un-checking the box, changing other fields in the row, saving, then re-checking the box, but nothing seems to work.

2) A different alert workflow was working great, now it's not sending alerts at all when the trigger criteria is met.

Answers

• SoS | Dan Palenchar
    SoS | Dan Palenchar ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Can you share a screenshot of how the workflow/s is/are built? I can't give a definitive answer without seeing that.

If you want the automation to work, you can add an auto modified column and make the trigger for the automation a change in that column with a filter in place to only allow it to send if the box is checked.

School of Sheets (Smartsheet Partner)

If my answer helped please accept and react w/💡Insightful, ⬆️ Vote Up, ❤️Awesome!

• CAS the CSA
    CAS the CSA ✭✭✭

I have to assume the workflow is initially running as expected because I NEVER receive a 'workflow failed' email from Smartsheets. The problem is one would think it would be easy enough to retrigger the notice going out, but no.

The workflow is beyond basic so the assumed workaround not working is particularly frustrating.

1. uncheck box.
    2. save
    3. check box
    4. save

expectation: re-trigger workflow and send notification

result: nothing; literally nothing happens.