Why aren't my automation's alerting me?

Hello, I have been using smartsheets for about 3 years now and it has been working great for the most part. I consistently have issues with a specific type of automation.

Workflow triggered when "Auto send to client" box is checked. This should then send my customized line contents to people in two different contact cells.

The action I am taking is to "Alert someone". This is the best match I could find to meet my goal. The goal is to send the line item to my client when I click a box. This is a fast way to auto send my client information. I have the settings set to "Unrestricted" so everyone should be receiving them. For the most part this is not working, but then sometimes it does. This has created issues because it will send when I don't expect or want it o, but it won't send when I do want it to. I have been scouring the community and youtube channel ad I still can't seem to understand what I am doing wrong. Is it because I am selecting the action "alert someone" and that is not supported by the automation?

Please help.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/20/20

Hi @Sarah_lee123

It doesn’t seem like you’re doing anything wrong.

Try to make a copy of the workflow and see if the new one works better.

Also, as I think you know, but I wanted to mention it to be on the safe side. It will only trigger when you’ve saved the sheet.

If that doesn't work, and if you haven’t already, I would recommend that you reach out to the Smartsheet Support Team.

I'd be happy to take a quick look as well.

Feel free to share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.