#REF on formulas and functions

Options

I'm currently getting #REF on my formulas that are cross referenced between sheets. all the formulas are still there and have not changed. the data is all still there. is there an issue with Smartsheet not calculation cross references?

thanks

Scott

Answers

• EPump
    EPump ✭✭✭
    Options

I am currently having the same issue! I've checked the formulas, and there is no change in the references. Wondering if this is a Smartsheet server/system issue?!

• SRenner
    SRenner ✭✭✭
    Options

thank you im not the only one. yes i was going crazy thinking i messed up my formula links somewhere.

i have not seen any communication from Smartsheet but i would have to assume that it is their issue that the moment.

• Eva M
    Eva M ✭✭
    Options

Me too!!! Just went through all my sheets and they all have #REF. Same exact issue - formula is still there. I am expecting emails to start pouring in any minute now. I am glad I am not the only one as well!

• EPump
    EPump ✭✭✭
    Options

I haven't seen anything from Smartsheet yet either. I have a few different sheets referencing data from one master sheet. I was worried that I was approaching/passing the limit of cross-sheet references. Some of the reference sheets are fine, and some not. I made some modifications earlier today that seemed to fix the problem, then had the #REF issue again on another sheet that wasn't previously a problem. It's very strange!

All of my other sheets & dashboard referencing different master sheets seem to be fine... for now.

• Eva M
    Eva M ✭✭
    Options

I think it's fixed! Mine are working again!

• EPump
    EPump ✭✭✭
    Options

Glad yours is working @Eva M! Mine is still not. :(

• JLC
    JLC ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have had this twice today on our master roll up sheet that provides metrics across all of our dashboards. Both times it corrected itself within 10-15min. I spent time trying to see if anything happened in the referenced source sheets but couldn't find anything. Glad to hear it's a more widespread issue. Don't forget to submit a ticket even if the issue is intermittent as it's not mentioned on the Smartsheet Status page! They can't fix what they don't know about :)

• SRenner
    SRenner ✭✭✭
    Options

Smartsheet is aware of the issue. I sent in a ticket thanks for the feedback all

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Everyone,

It seems to be fixed now.

Cross-sheet References in Formulas Generating #REF Errors

Subscribe

Monitoring - A fix has been implemented and we are monitoring to ensure the continued stability of this feature. 

Jul 23, 18:54 PDT

Update - We are continuing to investigate and will provide additional updates as they become available. 

Jul 23, 18:17 PDT

Update - We are continuing to investigate an issue where cross-sheet references in formulas are generating #REF errors on some sheets. We will provide an update in 30 minutes. 

Jul 23, 17:52 PDT

Update - We are continuing to investigate this issue. 

Jul 23, 17:20 PDT

Investigating - We are currently investigating an issue where cross-sheet references in formulas are generating #REF errors on some sheets. We will provide an update in 30 minutes. 

Jul 23, 17:18 PDT

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• EPump
    EPump ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks, all! I've reported this issue to Smartsheet as well and they are working on it. Unfortunately, I'm still seeing the issue with some of my sheets. I just provided some specific examples to Smartsheet. Fingers crossed that the issue can be resolved!

• Antonio Figueroa
    Antonio Figueroa ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

2/28/21

Can anyone tell me if this issue has been fixed. I am currently having the same issue.

• EPump
    EPump ✭✭✭
    Options

@Antonio Figueroa this issue did get resolved for me back in July by Smartsheet. I suggest entering a ticket with them.

• Antonio Figueroa
    Antonio Figueroa ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Its fixed

Thank you

• A Rose
    A Rose ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm getting this error now!

Anyone else with same issue?

Thanks,

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!