Multiplying Cells in an IF statement

Morning Smartsheeters..

Was hoping someone could shed some light on why this statement isn't working..

=IF(Part75 = "Labour", [Supply Price]75 * [Quantity]75)

I'm trying to multiply two cells based on whether the labour cost is Labour, or Labour O/T.. but I'm getting an INVALID OPERATION FAILURE.

Thank you.

Tags:

Answers

• NVM, worked it out :)

the value in the IF statment for the "Supply Price was "£45".. Removing the £ and changing the cell type to a currency fixed it.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @John_CGS

Strange!

It should work.

Make sure that you only have numbers in the Supply Price and Quantity columns.

Also, you can simplify the formula by using the @row function.

=IF(Part@row = "Labour", [Supply Price]@row * Quantity@row)

Can you maybe share some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Thank you Andree! I managed to get it working by removing the £ in the cells i was multiplying by as you suggested.

Also thank you for the tip on the @row function!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@John_CGS

Excellent!

You're more than welcome!

Also, you can add the currency through the menubar instead if you still want it to show.

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!