How can I show Overlapping Projects on a dashboard?

Hello All,

I'm managing a portfolio of 100+ projects. I am grouping them under various categories. Some projects will fall under multiple categories. Is it possible to display them in a SmartSheet Dashboard? For example, please consider below examples:

Project A is 100% under Category 1

Project B is 25% under Category 1 and 75% under Category 2

Project C is 40% under Category 1, 25% under Category 2, and 35% under Category 3

Project D is 100% under Category 4

Project E is 30% under Category 3 and 70% under Category 4

Project F is 100% under Category 2

and so on.

What's the best way to visually represent them on SmartSheet Dashboard?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks and Regards,

Jigs

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Jignesh Desai

Would you be able to provide more information of how your projects are currently set up? For example, is each individual project its own sheet, or are all of your projects rows on one sheet? How many different categories do you have?

It would be very useful to see a screen capture of Project A as an example, but please block out sensitive data.

One way to do this would be to have one sheet list all of the projects, then you could have a multi-select drop down column next to the project name that allows you to select the different categories. From this you could have filters that allow you to filter and see all the projects associated with each Category... or you could create a formula that counts the number of each projects per-category. It really depends on how you have this set up, though, and what it is you're looking to display on the dashboard (just the project name? the % in each Category? Do you want this as a chart, or as a list?)

You may find our different recorded webinars on creating Dashboards helpful as you think about building this out:

Cheers!

Genevieve