Frequent "Aw Snap" errors in one of our sheets when trying to save

Hey community - we are constantly getting Aw Snap errors when we are trying to update and save one of our sheets.

It does have a few conditional formats, but not many and same with automations. It is quite a large sheet with 5563 rows, but way under the maximum of 25,000.

It does however have quite a few hierarchy's and is full of predecessors.

Does anyone have any tips or explanations as to why this keeps timing out for us?

THANKS

Best Answer

• SammyMorey
    SammyMorey ✭✭
    Answer ✓

We always only ever used Google Chrome and only had the ONE window open at the time. We found out that we were getting mighty close to the cell limit so we ended up splitting the sheet again and we no longer have the "Aw Snap" issues.

We do find that if we get close to the maximum limit doing anything is very slow and it often times out "aw snaps"... so we try to stay a bit away from the cell limits :)

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @SammyMorey

Yes, I’ve seen that error recently as well.

Which browser are you using?

Do you have a lot of tabs/windows open with Smartsheet domains?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• SammyMorey
    SammyMorey ✭✭
    Answer ✓

We always only ever used Google Chrome and only had the ONE window open at the time. We found out that we were getting mighty close to the cell limit so we ended up splitting the sheet again and we no longer have the "Aw Snap" issues.

We do find that if we get close to the maximum limit doing anything is very slow and it often times out "aw snaps"... so we try to stay a bit away from the cell limits :)