Issue with adding Charts to a Dashboard

Elizabeth Aird
Elizabeth Aird ✭✭✭
edited 08/04/20 in Smartsheet Basics

I had responded on a thread a week or so ago but I am still having issues. I cannot select "ok" because it will not stay "blue" and allow it to be clicked.

Is there a fix in the works? I think this has been an ongoing issue.

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @beth_linder28141

The blue "OK" button will be greyed out until a selection is identified for what you want to graph. For a Report, this may mean selecting the name of the Report a second time to ensure that a blue box pops up around your data. If you don't see a blue box, try clicking on a different sheet/report, then clicking the report again. For a sheet, you'll need to manually select the area of the sheet to be used in the Chart before the OK turns blue.

Would you be able to provide a screen capture of what you are seeing? It would be helpful to know what the source is for the chart (sheet/report?) and what it looks like when you're in the selection window.

Thanks!

Genevieve

• I have made a lot of Dashboards over the last few years. The issue is that when I create a new chart and I am using a report, it does not allow me to select the data (like it used to), which is fine. That is also grayed out but I don't mind because the report is set up to grab that data.

The issue is creating a new one, selecting the sheet - and NOT being able to select "OK". I have to jump around to other sheets, or cancel and come back in - and then try again.

There's a glitch in the system somewhere. I'll grab a screenshot in a bit.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @beth_linder28141

Thank you for the additional information and the screen capture! It looks like this may be related to a known issue where the Report sometimes needs to be selected twice, or clicked off-then-on-again. Our Product team is currently looking into this and will hopefully be resolving soon.

In the meantime, please do try to click a different Report then come back and re-click this one so that the data is highlighted in a blue selection box.

Thanks!

Genevieve