Send one notification multiple tasks one contact

Options

My sheet can contain several rows belonging to the same vendor. I want to send an email notification that includes all of those rows to the vendor, instead of sending multiple email notifications with only one row of information. I've searched everywhere and haven't found anything. Any help is appreacited.

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Marilin Campos

What is the Alert triggered by, or what's the purpose of sending the information? The reason I'm asking is that I wonder if instead of using a workflow in the sheet itself, you could potentially instead set up a recurring email from a Report.

You could use a Report to filter just to the rows that this vendor needs to see, then you can share the Report as an Attachment in an email (see here). This can be a one-off share, or you can set up a recurring daily/weekly/monthly emails with the Report attached from that email window.

Let me know if that would work for you!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Marilin Campos
    Options

Hi @Genevieve P ,

It is trigger by "When a date is reached". I have several columns in the sheet, some are only references and the others have software renewal info I need to send to our clients. So, a client could own different licenses that are about to expire (may rows, same client ID). I do not want to blast the client with 10 emails, instead only one email, listing all of those 10 softwares they own and that are about to expire. Also, if no reply, we have 2 other dates that would trigger a follow up notification.

The less manual intervention the better. Thank you for your help.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Marilin Campos

It does sound like an automated alert like you have set up is the best way to go. That said, you can the trigger to be a "daily" or "weekly" trigger instead of looking at the column for "when a date is reached". (Then add a condition to the workflow that looks for a specific date range.)

If multiple rows meet the criteria, then the workflow will run for every row that meets the trigger criteria, but the recipients of this automation will receive a single notification with up to 100 rows in grid format. (See here for more information on triggering automations in batches).

I would suggest testing this out for yourself to see how it will appear, first!

Cheers,

Genevieve