Is there a way to view previously published smartsheets?

Is there a way to view previously published smartsheets? I am looking for a way to look back and see previous contents.

Tags:

Best Answer

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Che Fortaleza

If someone has provided you with a published link to a sheet, this will not show in your Smartsheet Account unless you are also shared to that specific sheet. Published Links are unique URLs that allow anyone to view the sheet by clicking on that specific link, without being shared. (See our Help Center article on this, here).

Is that what you were referring to? If I've misunderstood your question, would you mind explaining a little further? Perhaps with screen captures?

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Hello Genevieve, thank you for your response.

A good example would be a running meeting agenda-minutes smartsheet created and managed by me which I publish to attendees before the meeting as an agenda and after the meeting as minutes. Smartsheet gets updated live as cell entries are made and anytime the published link is clicked and accessed, they see the most current saved sheet. Currently, I print to PDF to keep a record of each meeting minutes. I missed to created a PDF of the meeting agenda initially and I am looking for an option to go back and look at what was published prior to the meeting.

This is the same for project schedules where dates are constantly being modified. At some point, I wonder, what was the original date and when was it changed?

What did my audience see? Here is a snapshot taken from the "view activity log" option:

So, I wonder if smartsheet keeps a record published sheets and if I have the option to view.

Does this make sense?

Thank you for your attention,

Che F.