Gannt chart start date does not match the date column

Options
itsnotbroken
itsnotbroken ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 08/11/20 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi,

Pretty long project, spanning a bit over a year. I'm about halfway through it & the Gannt Dates started getting weird. In the image, Look at "Floors", predecessor 232. The scheduled start date column says 8/13, but the gannt displays the bar starting at 8/14. I dont know if this is related, but the scheduled start dates are now the same as the scheduled end date, NOT the next day. There is no additional coding in the predecessors column other than the line number.

Where do I start to look for errors?

Best Answers

  • itsnotbroken
    itsnotbroken ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

    I added the helper columns to see the "time" portion of the end date & found the error in 30 seconds.

    About a month up, one task started at 4:59 PM & ended the next day before noon. That's what started the mess. I fixed that one row & everything went back to normal.

    Thanks!

    Mark V

Answers

  • itsnotbroken
    itsnotbroken ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

    I added the helper columns to see the "time" portion of the end date & found the error in 30 seconds.

    About a month up, one task started at 4:59 PM & ended the next day before noon. That's what started the mess. I fixed that one row & everything went back to normal.

    Thanks!

    Mark V