User groups cannot see any data that I am providing them in a report

I have 5 uderlying source files with emails on each line that I am using to give the user access to just their data. In the report I am giving them access to I put all 5 underlying sheets in the what and in the Who I used two different email columns in the data to give access to employees and their managers. I used an OR function to allow them to see just their data. Everything is working for the employees but the managers go in and they see nothing in the report when they open it. I have given them edit no share access to the underlying source reports as well as the report that they ultimately are openning. Still I they cannot see anything. I have also verified that their log in email/username is the same email that is in the source reports. I am at a loss.

Answers

• SoS | Dan Palenchar
    SoS | Dan Palenchar ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/18/20

Reports are technically built from Sheets, this may just be semantics but if you have not shared a user to the source Sheet(s) they cannot see the data in the report from those Sheet(s). So I'd check they have been shared to all of the source Sheets.

Alternatively, you could just publish the report which only allows viewing privileges.

School of Sheets (Smartsheet Partner)

If my answer helped please accept and react w/💡Insightful, ⬆️ Vote Up, ❤️Awesome!

• I have allowed edit and no share rights on the underlying sheets. The report I am sending out will require them to give inputs. I am really stumped on this one