Power BI Issue Integration with Dashboards

Hi,

I shared and copied my Power BI dashboard link and I get an error. Does anyone know what's triggering the error ?

Answers

• Ben Goldblatt
    Ben Goldblatt Employee
    edited 08/19/20

Hi @Irina Iatco,

If you're trying to embed Power BI content using a Web Content widget in a dashboard, try using the following steps. Note that these are also listed in the Help article titled Embed Content from Outside Sources in a Dashboard (click here to open the article): 

• Go to a workspace and then to the report that you can edit that you want to embed. 
    • Click File > Publish to Web. NOTE: Depending on your BI configuration, you may have to instead click Create Embed Code and select Publish.
    • Copy the embed code or link provided and paste it into the Web Content widget field.

If you've gone through these steps and you're still receiving the error message, contact the Support Team. You can use the Get Help form to create a new Support ticket and they will be happy to investigate this for you.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ben

• @Ben Goldblatt When you publish to Web doesn't that allow any one to access the PBI Report regardless of who they are? What other option is there when the content on the PBI report is confidential?

Thank you,

Marlayna

• Hi @Marlayna Sullivan

If the content is confidential, I would suggest providing this information as a Shortcut Widget on your Dashboard, linking out to your Report, instead of using the Publish option.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now