Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Smartsheet is very SLOW today

Options

Comments

• Kim Bennett
    Options

unable to load smartsheets since 9am, if it does load selecting another sheet causes it to freeze - San Diego area

• AnthonyK
    Options

I'm certainly not having a problem using your public website.  Only your application.

This is nonsense.  At best, there is a problem with a region or data center your application server is in.  The other explanation you gave does not add up.  Especially with the fact that I can use your public website just fine.  Additionally, I can get on using Edge but not Chrome.

Perhaps you guys are under a DoS attack?

• Shawn R
    Options

Problems here in Minnesota as well. So, from the east coast to the west coast as well as out of the country. I'm sorry but there is something else going on here. It's not a regional ISP issue.

• Brian Patrick
    edited 01/26/17
    Options

Add Chicago, St Louis, and Michigan to the list.  We have not been able to login since before lunch.  It took 11 minutes and 2 different browsers to be able to get a connection to post this comment.

Not sure if it's useful to anyone at Smartsheet IT, but IE 11 reports this:

Turn on TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, and TLS 1.2 in Advanced settings and try connecting to https://app.smartsheet.com again. If this error persists, it is possible that this site uses an unsupported protocol or cipher suite such as RC4, which is not considered secure. Please contact your site administrator.

Currently my IE 11 is set to use those protocols, but will not login.

• JohnB
    Options

Same experience here in Austin, TX since ~10AM CST.  Brutally slow and getting worse throughout the the day.  

• R.Silber
    R.Silber ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Issues here in Sacramento, CA, also. I work for a large state agency and not a single worker has reported to our IT group a single other problem connecting to a single other website or cloud server. This issue HAS to be on Smartsheet's end of the connection. I've been down for nearly four hours and am missing important deadlines. Please help! 

• Bill Stadler
    Options

We are in Wisconsin and we are have been stuck since 10:30AM today.  This is the only website we are having an issue as well.Frown

• Bill Stadler
    Options

The community website is fast though.  Wink

• Shaine Greenwood
    Options

Hi All—

To reiterate from my Best Answer post:

This is most definitely a widespread internet based issue that is effecting multiple sites, which Smartsheet does not have the ability to affect. Our Operations team has confirmed that the Smartsheet infrastructure is fully operational.

Please check internet monitoring sites such as http://downdetector.com/ for more information on the widespread outages occurring.

We will also update our Status page (http://status.smartsheet.com/) once we receive any new information on these regional ISP outages.

• Bill Stadler
    Options

I see that with the link you provided.  Thanks!

• Norman
    Norman
    edited 01/26/17
    Options

All other systemas are working in a proper way, I had the problem with Smartsheet all day long!, please let us know when the situation change

• Troy Hellwig
    edited 01/27/17
    Options

Update - This morning at 9:00, Smartsheet users in multiple geographic locations experienced issues connecting to the application. While working with our network provider, they identified an incorrect configuration. They restarted their service which appears to have corrected a bad route configuration at 3:57 PM pacific time and Operations verified a return to normal levels of traffic. We are continuing to work with the network provider and monitor the network activity and the application to ensure this issue is resolved. 
    Jan 26, 17:45 PST

• Shawn R
    Options

Looks like we are good here as well. Thanks guys!

• AnthonyK
    Options

That's it, put it on the network provider.  I told you guys yesterday in a message here that it was your server/your network.  Yet you were determined to push this "regional internet" problem.  Now it's the network provider's fault.

I sincerely hope you guys put out some sort of apology as well as list the changes to your protocol in dealing with these types of issues.  Otherwise, I'm going to have to rethink this solution.  I can't afford to put 10 project managers on a tool if your standard response is to point the finger at another party.

By the way, you may want to update the Best Answer on this thread as it's no longer applicable, nor was it ever.

• Shawn R
    Options

While I appreciate the quick responses that come through the community forums here, I also have to agree with Anthony on this. The symptoms didn't match the diagnosis and yet after pointing that out, it was reiterated that it was a regional internet problem. That's where the problem comes in for me.

There may have been some other issues detected on the downdetector website, but if you've ever taken any sort of class that focuses on logic you know that correlation doesn't always mean causation. When people from all over the U.S. and even outside the U.S. share similar issues, it's time to reevaluate the diagnosis.

This discussion has been closed.