Automation triggered by an email

Poul Thomsen
Poul Thomsen ✭✭
edited 08/24/20 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi, Can I send an email to a Smartsheet, whereafter the Smartsheet does this: 1, locate textstring in email. 2, compare text with row. 3, send email or textmessage to a person in a contact cell in that row??, Thanks in advance /Poul.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/24/20

Hi @Poul Thomsen

It might be possible to create a solution in Smartsheet or with the help of a 3rd party service/solution.

Can you describe your process in more detail?

That would make it easier to help.

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi Andree

We have a number of rooms with freezers. The freezers are supervised by the building automation system. In case of high temperature in a freezer, an email is send to the officer on duty. The email consist of a lot of information, timestamp, technical adress and room and location.

We have 'Parent' smartsheet, which has linked information from child smartsheets. In the child sheets are a row for each freezer with up to 10 persons to call in case of high temperature. The contact info is maintained by local labmanagers.

The officer looks in the Parent Smartsheet for room and freezer ID, and then in turns calls the contact persons.

To make this more effective and bulletproof, I am looking for a solution as mentioned. I know there are companies that can send voicemails and/or text to mobile phones, based on an textstring with relevant info.

I believe the biggest tasks are to find the relevant information in the alarm email, then find the relevant row in the parent sheet, and then email/text/call the contactpersons - maybe also in turn.

Against is, that the building automation system also sends a lot af other emails regarding failures on other equipment, and solution shall ignore those.

regards

Poul