Allow >10 attachments to be added in a form

sschreiner
sschreiner ✭✭
edited 08/26/20 in Smartsheet Basics

I have a workflow that needs to allow a user to add up to 11 attachments in a form response. Unfortunately they are documents mandated by my legal department, so I can't get that number down to 10. Any ideas on how to work around this limitation?

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Include a checkbox where they can indicate that they have more than 10. Then you can have an automated update request sent to them based on that box being checked.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• L_123
    L_123 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Stack forms. Lead to a second form after they submit the first one. Just an attachment field with notes:

any additional attachments here.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@L@123 I had thought about that, but then all of the attachments wouldn't be on the same row.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

10xViz.com

• L_123
    L_123 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

No, but it would be easy to see which ones belong to which as all the other spaces would be blank. especially if there are required fields

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

True, but you know how much people can complain if they have to fill out the same required fields twice just so they can submit what amounts to (in their minds at least) one set of paperwork. Haha

10xViz.com

• L_123
    L_123 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, but you can one up them. Especially because they need exactly one extra attachment slot.

Please attach form 1 here. Forms 2-11 will be attached to the next page after submission. Then they don't have to wait the often 5-10 minutes for an update request to come through

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Very true. I had forgotten about the delay with the update request.

10xViz.com

• Thanks, it will be good to have the two options! I'm pretty sure we'll go with the separate update requests for the documents, because only sometimes does the form submitter need to submit them. So for those that don't have docs, it will be skipped completely. And the submitter doesn't always have the documents right at hand, so separating that step from the usual form submission is actually kind of a better flow for this scenario.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Happy to help. 👍️

If all documents were on hand and could be quickly attached to the form, I would suggest @L@123's method since it cuts out the delay from the Update Request.

10xViz.com