Expressions in Data Uploader

I have a Workflow template and a few expressions someone created before me. My goal is to have a sheet that is manually populated and then we drop in a .csv file every so often and it updates the Status field and the Account Balance field. Pretty much everything works except for the Status field needs to be updated depending on certain criteria:

If Pershing or Pershing Advisory is the type under Company and the account number on my manual sheet matches the account number on the .csv file then 1)Update Status to ACAT in Process if there is no value in Account Balance or 2) Update Status to Complete if there is a balance.

Separately for any other listing under Company and the account number on my manual sheet matches the account number on the .csv file then 1)Update Status to Complete, Waiting for Download if there is no value in Account Balance or 2) Update Status to Complete if there is a balance.

Everything works except for my expression for the Pershing specific items. So basically everything where the acct number is found on both sheets will have either the status showing as Complete, Waiting for Download OR Complete.

Tags:

Answers

• Hi @Christina Reid

If I'm understanding you correctly, you could have two options in the Company column that require this formula... "Pershing" or "Pershing Advisory". In this case, you'd want to have your formula search to see if the cell in the Company column CONTAINS "Pershing", versus equalling that value exactly.

Try this:

=IF(AND(CONTAINS("Pershing", Company@row), OR(ISBLANK([Account Balance]@row), [Account Balance]@row = 0)), "ACAT in Process")

Let me know if this works for you!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Christina Reid
    Christina Reid ✭✭✭✭

Hi - thank you! worked like a charm.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!