Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

SUMIF referencing cells across sheets?

Heidi Rhyner
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Since reports do not have the capability of summing the content of columns or rows I need to come up with a workaround.  For several years I have been doing exactly this in Excel so I want to duplicate in Smartsheet.

In Excel I have created a table that is a list of employees in the rows and a list of dates in the columns.  Each cell within the table is a SUMIF formula to grab the total in the tab of the corresponding employee.  In Excel the formula looks like this: =SUMIF(Andy!1:1,Table3[[#Headers],[2-Jan Actual]],Andy!29:29).  And this is the result:

In an attempt to duplicate in SmartSheet I have created a workspace and each employee has their own sheet.  I want a sheet that will grab the total for each week from the appropriate employee's sheet.

Initially I tried to link a cell but the formula would not drag across the columns and it is entirely too much work to link each cell for each employee for all 52 weeks of the year.  This is ideal but doesn't seem to work. As an alternative I tried to use a SUMIF formula and receive an error message each time I attempt to click on a new sheet.

HELP!

Excel totals.PNG

Tags:

Comments

This discussion has been closed.