Can licenced/unlicensed editors view hidden columns

Hi,

We are trying to share a sheet with hidden confidential columns to currently unlicensed collaborators. Can they view hidden columns as editors? I think the answer is that they are not able to view hidden columns as unlicensed collaborators but I want to confirm before sharing; and check on how/if this would change if they become licensed.

Thank you!

Esperanza

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Esperanza Zagal

Unfortunately, they will be able to view it if they know where to look.

There is undoubtedly a workaround. Can you describe the use-case?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Thanks Andree,

We have an international team with 2 languages ( a bilingual team/ and a Spanish-only team ). The Spanish-only team are external collaborators and need access to their own sheets. For the most part, the information they're working on is the translated version of what we are working on but they need to be able to make changes on the task deadlines, etc.

So we likely need at least 2 basic sheets (an English one, and a Spanish-only one). However, given that there is an overlapping of tasks and dates on both sides, the question is if it's a good idea to consolidate English and Spanish sheets into a master sheet (Spanish funneled into the English sheet with hidden columns and cell links) or somehow integrate information at the report or Dashboard level instead. I'm unclear as to which method would give the best presentation be easiest to work with.

Thank you,

Esperanza

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Esperanza Zagal

Happy to help!

Apologies for the delayed reply.

How did it go?

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.