Copy and Paste Error

Options

Hello Experts,

My Sheet is having 10300+ rows. I am trying to delete entire rows and performing a copy and Paste. After attempting to copy and Paste 1st 500 Items and tried to SAVE.

I am getting this error. Its forcing me to log out but when I am trying to log out. It attempts to save for some time but its NOT saving and returning this Error again.

So I forcefully closed Smart sheet. I am having the old 1300+ rows.

Is there is any other way to fix this. Already its frustrating with the limitations to copy 500 rows around 21 times.

Best Answer

• Sandra Guzman
    Sandra Guzman ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Tamizamuthan Vedachalam

I experienced some issues when we migrated some of our large Excel documents. One of the things that I do daily as a best practice is clear my browsing history for all time and ensure that my cache is not impacting my system performance.

I also experienced issues using copy/paste and after some frustration... I finally learned that using Ctrl+C (copy) and Ctrl+V (paste) helped eliminate the issues I was facing. It really helped make the process easier for copying and pasting large number of rows and cells into Smartsheet.

There are some limitations as far as size limits. You can find that information and some tips for troubleshooting in the link below. You may want to check on your browser as well.

Good luck - hope that you can resolve these issues. No one likes getting those error message.

All the best,

Sandra

Answers