Send Scheduled Report ONLY to Assigned To resources

Options

I have a Report I would like to send out in PDF format weekly, but only to users who have an entry in the worksheet assigned to them. The report is pulling from a RAID Log, and is configured for Current User.

The challenge I am facing is that I don't know how to get around having the Scheduled Report sent to a static distribution of users. At present, I have set it up so that everyone assigned to an Action in the Log gets the Report. However, if an Action is assigned to a new person, who was not already in the distribution, I need to edit the recipients of the Report. I don't want to have to do that.

Is there a workaround?

Best Answer

Answers

• Stefan
    Stefan ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Ken Hankoff,

for my understanding, you have a source sheet (RAID log) where every row get's assigned to a person. New persons need to be in your companies account so that you can have the report from the log work for "the current user"?

Now you want to send this report as PDF to all users listed in the log, but the report is configured only for the current user, so you added all persons manually?

Would it be acceptable to send an email without PDF to all users with access to the log? The email will contain a link to the report and as all recipients have a Smartsheet account they could quickly see their jobs. No manual editing of recipients needed.

Hope this helps

Stefan

Smartsheet Consulting, Solution Building, Training and Support.

Projects for Processes and for People.

• Ken Hankoff
    Ken Hankoff ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the insights Stefan and Genevieve,

Since I want SOMETHING to show up in a task assignee's inbox, and not rely on them hitting a link to access a list, I think I am going to experiment with Genevieve's suggestion of a weekly occurring alert, which will still contain the rows owned by that assignee, AND I can include a link. Almost the best of both worlds. I'll know after I try it out.

Thank you both for taking the time to respond. Deeply appreciated.

Ken