How can I show in a dashboard only tasks that are on the critical path?

We have created a standard dashboard external stakeholders can have access to and we would like to place a widget where only the tasks that are on the critical path will be shown. Any idea about how to do that?

Answers

• David Tutwiler
    David Tutwiler Overachievers Alumni

Sounds like a report to me. Run a report where you only pull in tasks in the critical path. If you don't have anything to designate that they are "critical path tasks" then maybe add a column with a checkbox that, if checked, represents that task is on the critical path. Then run a report pulling in all tasks with a checked checkbox and display that on the dashboard.

• Thank you for this suggestion, I had indeed thought about using a report. What I would like to do is to flag automatically the checkbox when the tasks are on the critical path. I did not find any formula to do that. We can show the tasks that are on the CP with the Gantt view, we can even create a filter, but, in that case, the tasks must be flagged manually.

• David Tutwiler
    David Tutwiler Overachievers Alumni

Interesting. I'm afraid I'm close to the end of my suggestions on this one. If you're looking to only show the main tasks and not the sub tasks, I think you could write a checkbox formula that looks to see if it has any children associated (maybe a =COUNTIF(CHILDREN), or something similar), but outside of that I'm afraid I'm not sure if there is a way to handle this automatically.