Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Sharing charts with other users

Options
Sara Morris
Sara Morris ✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I utilize charts on a number of sights that I have created for our leadership and each month I take a screen shot of the chart to include it as an image in the sight with a link if they want to see the real time chart.

My question/request is that there be a way to share the charts in smart sheet labs with other users so that they can be easily updated by anyone instead of only by the creator. 

Thanks. 

Comments

• Daniel Adler
    edited 01/31/17
    Options
    • "Share your Chart  You have a couple different options to share your chart with others.  If you want to email a snapshot, click the expand button on your chart, resize the window to get the size you want, and then click the download button to save it as a PNG image. You can also share your chart via a link, similar to sharing Google photos or Google docs.  Click the Share button to turn sharing on for your chart, then distribute the link as you see fit.  Anyone with the link will be able to see your chart.  When you turn off sharing, the link is gone for good and a brand new one will be created if you enable it again."
  • Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sara

I believe you want to share and allow editor access from Smart Graphs Labs. The answer is you cannot but you COULD publish a sheet and give editor  writes access?

That would be to the sheet, not the Graph. Does that help?

publish share.JPG

• Sara Morris
    Sara Morris ✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you for the responses. Yes Richard, it would be ideal to give editor rights within the graphs lab, but I think I could work with the sheet idea.

Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.