What is the best way to add new sheets to existing projects created via SCC?

Options
BO'Neil
BO'Neil ✭✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

I added a new worksheet to a template blueprint and I updated the blueprint making this new sheet required when provisioned from SCC for each new project (all works well- new project have the sheet as expected). Now I need to get a new sheet (from the blueprint template) added to each existing projects. What is the best way to add the new sheet in existing projects? I didn't see a clear way to add the new sheet via Global Update options.

Barry

Answers

• Stefan
    Stefan ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @BO'Neil,

I remember this to be the choice between more or less manual work. If SCC didn't get some feature to globally add a new sheet with all linking and adding to reports done you have to evaluate if it's more work to

a) add the new sheet to every existing project and do the required linking etc. manually

b) re-roll out existing projects from the new template

a) is ok, if you do not have many projects and not a hell of links and extra stuff

b) is ok, if your existing projects don't have that many edits/updates/modifications/conversations and if you could e.g. copy and paste cell content from an excel backup

Hope this helps a little

Stefan

Smartsheet Consulting, Solution Building, Training and Support.

Projects for Processes and for People.

• BO'Neil
    BO'Neil ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Stefan, thanks for taking time to provide some info. I'm going to keep looking for options. I assume there has to be a way to use the global update tool to complete my changes I just don't what steps to follow yet.