Unparseable and then need to scale up IF statement

I have the following - =IF(OR[Does pipe size match drainage drawing?]@row="",[Does pipe material match drainage drawing?]@row=""),"Awaiting assessment","Test")

This is imparseable - is this the blank check bit - ""?

I have noticed too that I would like to check for a 'No' in either of the cells. A 'No' would replace the Test text above with "Error found".

The bit I am missing then is if I get two yes's - this would be "No errors found".

I tried using IsBlank but after trawling the help pages still became imparseable!

I think if I have explained this right I should have covered every permutation of 2 cells which can only have Yes/No as answers?

Regards,

Paul

Best Answer

Answers

• L_123
    L_123 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

=IF(OR([Does pipe size match drainage drawing?]@row="",[Does pipe material match drainage drawing?]@row=""),"Awaiting assessment","Test")

you're missing an open parenthesis after OR

• vipa2000
    vipa2000 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you - cannot tell you how many times I have looked at that equation. To achieve the next stages now, would you use nested IFs or is there a better way? I think once I have checked for 2 blanks and then a NO in each box, then the answers in the two fields must be YES? I can therefore add this to the end as - if not true?

• vipa2000
    vipa2000 ✭✭✭✭
    edited 09/21/20

Got to this and now get incorrect arguement set.

=IF(OR([Does pipe size match drainage drawing?]@row = "", [Does pipe material match drainage drawing?]@row = ""), "Awaiting assessment", IF(OR([Does pipe size match drainage drawing?]@row = "No", [Does pipe material match drainage drawing?]@row = "No", "Error Found", "Checks OK")))

Can you combine two IF OR statements?

• vipa2000
    vipa2000 ✭✭✭✭

Excellent, thank you L@123. IF hierarchy works perfectly.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!