Displaying Data on Dashboard from Form based on Date

Hi everyone,

Currently I have a number of sheets and a form that takes user input and displays it on the dashboard in different ways.

The issue that arises is that my form will be continually added to - meaning that over, lets say for example, a year period, there will be 100 entries. Currently the Dashboard will just display everything.

I would like to be able to separate by month. So if there were 20 entries in September, and we were in the month of September, the Dashboard would only show the data in September and not the other 80 entries included.

My form does take a few time and date entries so I think I could use that to my advantage here. I was thinking about using some comparison between TodaysDate, however the issue being if I ever want to go back in time and select, lets, say the month of August - I might have to just have a separate sheet with the months that is reference and manually change the month.

If anyone has some ideas about the best way to go about something like this, I would appreciate your input!

Thanks for your help!

Answers

• Stefan
    Stefan ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @AlexP,

sounds like you currently show the whole sheet in your dashboard. Maybe a report set to take only rows with e.g. September dates can do the job?

Hope this helps

Stefan

Smartsheet Consulting, Solution Building, Training and Support.

Projects for Processes and for People.

• AlexP
    AlexP ✭✭
    edited 11/30/20

This has been resolved - I ended up making a sheet that allows a user to filter entries based on month and year.