Alert to send email

Options

Hi there

We setup an Alert in our sheet. The Alert is the closing date for Tenders. The Estimator who added this Tender to the sheet needs to receive an alert 3 days prior to the closing date. There are different Estimators for each Tender. Each Tender is listed on a row. How do we ensure the Alert is only sent to the Estimator that added it to the sheet?

Also, we have a RGB column that highlights the status for the job. Yellow hasn't started, Green has started, Red hasn't started after the start date. Blue is complete. When someone has selected Blue in the Job Status column, it means it is finished. How can we link the columns in the same sheet so that when a complete date has been added, the Job Status column automatically turns the button blue?

Regards

Geraldine

Best Answer

• Geraldine Gray
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Stefan

Thanks very much for that answer.

Alert: that will work if I add the created by column as the Estimator column in the sheet. Then that Estimator only will receive the 3 day alert.

RGB: It sounds best to have a separate blue column as that indicates a job is finished and for that column to be a result of selecting a date complete.

I will give it a go.

Thank you

Answers

• Stefan
    Stefan ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Geraldine Gray,

Alert: You can add the system column "created by" to your sheet and use the contact from that cell for your alert workflow.

RGB: There is a conflict here. You want people to manually select the status from this dropdown AND you want the status to become blue when something happens in another cell. For the automation you can easily use an IF formula, but the formula will be deleted when someone manually sets the status.

Would it be acceptable to have a separate column for the blue status?

Hope this helps

Stefan

Smartsheet Consulting, Solution Building, Training and Support.

Projects for Processes and for People.

• Geraldine Gray
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Stefan

Thanks very much for that answer.

Alert: that will work if I add the created by column as the Estimator column in the sheet. Then that Estimator only will receive the 3 day alert.

RGB: It sounds best to have a separate blue column as that indicates a job is finished and for that column to be a result of selecting a date complete.

I will give it a go.

Thank you

• Stefan
    Stefan ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Geraldine Gray,

sounds good, hope you get it going!

Greetings

Stefan

Smartsheet Consulting, Solution Building, Training and Support.

Projects for Processes and for People.