Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Export Sights in Powerpoint, Google Slide, or PDF

Options
Yoann
Yoann
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Hi team,

Do you have any plans to add export functions to Sights ? I'm struggling exporting sights into Powerpoint or Google Slides to create a presentation that combines several sights

It would be a nice feature to have,

Thanks,

Comments

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yoann

The best option for this right now is to use Power BI for the Combined Dashboard and it can take the data straight from Smartsheet automatically.

My Colleague Brett Evans is our Guru on doing this so if you need help we can arrange it? 

i'm sure Smartsheet will improve the functionality of Sights but why wait? 

Smartsheet published this article to help you... https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/visualize-your-smartsheet-data-in-power-bi/

Regards

RichardR

• Daniel Z
    Options

Hi Richard,

Are you knowledgeable of any other workarounds/solutions for an export or revision control other than Power BI?  I am interested in finding out if there are any out-of-box Smartsheet options.  

Thanks,

Daniel

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/02/17
    Options

Hi Daniel

What you ask for is a very popular request and while our team love the challenges that Smartsheet users give us, there is more appetite this year for integrating Smartsheet activity and data with other systems to extend it's use.... why? because we now can and probably couldnt in previous times. Smartsheet's API improvements have added considerable opportunities. 

• A quick list of what is possible... 
    • Combining Smartsheet activities with the analytics in Excel or Google is good. 
    • Google Data or Forms to Smartsheet is useful in many different ways. 
    • Outlook and Excel data to Smartsheet can be very useful. 
    • Smartsheet back to such as PPT or Tablea is good. (as well as powerBi) 
    1. Smartsheet with Appsheet opens up a whole range of new opportunities for mixing data sources to create conditional logic and even offline access to Smartsheet and quite importantly only showing users what you WANT THEM TO SEE in Smartsheet! 

We like Smartsheet labs for Graphs and charts. 

Here is a list of what Smartsheet offer in case you havent seen it? 

https://www.smartsheet.com/apps

If you would like to discuss your particular needs, we do offer a Free initial consultation via Screenshare conference call. Skype ot Zoom ? 

Let us know where you are and timezone so we can set that up? 

Hope that Helps?

RichardR

• Daniel Z
    Options

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your response.  I'll move the discussion to my thread since it better aligns with my current needs.

Thanks,

Daniel

This discussion has been closed.