RYG Formula

Hello all,

I have a sheet with some conditional formatting that changes the color of the row depending on "Date Expires" date. I would like to add a formula to add RYG as well and was hoping someone could help me with the said formulas. Below is what I would like to accomplish:

• Red if the date in "Date Expires" is in the past from today (the green rows)
  • Yellow if the date in "Date Expires" is in the next 30 days from today (the brown rows)
  • Green if the date in "Date Expires" is more than 30 days out from today or when none of the other rules apply (the white rows)
  • Grey if "Listing Status" are either Cancelled, Closed, or Expired (the blue, pink and yellow rows)

Hope someone can help me!

Thank you~

Answers

• David Joyeuse
    David Joyeuse ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Saramitsu

Here is what you're looking for:

=IF(OR([Listing]@row="Cancelled", [Listing]@row="Closed", [Listing]@row="Expired"), "Grey", IF([Date Expired]@row<TODAY(-30), "Green", IF([Date Expired]@row>TODAY(), "Red", "Yellow")))

Also, if all of your listing options are "Cancelled", "Expired", "Closed" and "Active", then this one is even better:

=IF([Listing]@row = "Active", IF([Date Expired]@row<TODAY(-30), "Green", IF([Date Expired]@row>TODAY(), "Red", "Yellow")), "Grey")

Hope it helped!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!