How do you show the percentage time for a task being different across the period?

Options

If someone is doing a task across multiple months, but is working 20% of their time in January, 30% of their time in February and 100% in March - how do you display this in Smartsheets?

Answers

• SoS | Dan Palenchar
    SoS | Dan Palenchar ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

First, you will need to have the data available regarding the % allocation for an individual across the time period you are measuring, in this case sounds like monthly. You could organize this into a resource Sheet.

In a project sheet that lists a task(s) over time, you could reference the resource sheet via a lookup formula to pull in the % allocation for the current month via something like a MONTH(TODAY())) formula, or you could create columns for each month and pull in static data per month.

👨🏼💻 Dan Palenchar | School of Sheets Solutions Consulting | Smartsheet Aligned Gold Partner

If this helped, help me & the SSC by accepting and reacting w/ 💡insightful, ⬆️ Vote Up, and/or ❤️Awesome!

PS - If you have a follow up response tag me @SoS | Dan Palenchar so I get notified of your reply!