Can an approver have a linked item that they can change?

I would like to have a checkbox that the approver could check to track the item on a dashboard until completion. But, the approver would not want to see every one, just the ones they want to track.

Answers

• Ramzi K
    Ramzi K ✭✭✭✭✭

Rick, do you have many potential approvers of tasks? i.e. in your underlying sheet, do you envision having multiple approvers being able to select to track the same task?

If it's one approver per task, instead of a check box, you can use a column of type Contact List and have the approver put their name in that column for any tasks they want to track and then filter a report by that column to show only those tasks for the approver and then put that report on the dashboard.

I hope that helps.

Ramzi

Ramzi Khuri - Principal Consultant @ Cedar Tree Consulting (www.cedartreeconsulting.com)

Feel free to email me: ramzi@cedartreeconsulting.com

💡 If this post helped you out, please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful.

• Rick Olsen
    Rick Olsen ✭✭✭✭

I was trying to keep the approver from having to go to a sheet. Some of our folks are not comfortable working in the sheets themselves.

I was hoping to put a checkbox in the Approver's form that would allow them to set that as they were actually approving the item.