Edit html code as an attachment or proof in a sheet

Richard
Richard ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 10/05/20 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi

I am after a way I can attach a document to a row/sheet that is editable as html, is there something out there I could use? Obviously I could use Word, but worried about the formatting Word puts around it. We use Quip as well, so I'm thinking that that might be my best bet, but is there a code editor document editor type thing that would be better?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Cheers

Richard

Answers

• Purnima Gore
    Purnima Gore ✭✭✭✭✭✭

How about creating a link to the document in one of the fields and those that have permission to edit it can? I appreciate you may be looking for the audit of the document being updated but you could do that with version control if you are using a different system?

The other way is to create the HTML in one of the cells and then everytime changes it you get the audit there. That may not be practical because of the amount of text in HTML but worth a go?

Thanks

Purnima

Purnima Gore

Cierr Limited

Your Time is Important, you want to Stay on Track, We can help you use the Right Tools

https://www.cierr.com

• Richard
    Richard ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Purnima

I am right in saying that you can't expand a cell to view as rich text and edit like you would a document with paragraphs etc?

Thanks

Cheers

Richard