If 2 criteria are met in 2 columns then sum a third column formula

Hi All,

I had such great luck with help yesterday, I thought I would try again.

I need to sum a column if 2 other column with specific criteria are met. This is the formula I have tried but it is not correct. I get UNPARSEABLE error.

=IFS[Vendor Name]:[Vendor Name], "Curium", [Claim Status]:[Claim Status], "Pending - With AP", SUM[VENDOR QUESTION Amount of Credit],[VENDOR QEUSTION Amount of Credit])

Thank you!

Tags:

Best Answer

• Melanie Sanders
    Melanie Sanders ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Genevieve P! Thanks for the advice. I did correct the typo and realized I needed to add : instead of , between the criterion-ranges. The correct formula is:

=SUMIFS([VENDOR QUESTION Amount of Credit]:[VENDOR QUESTION Amount of Credit], [Vendor Name]:[Vendor Name], "Curium", [Claim Status]:[Claim Status], "Pending - With AP")

Thank you so much!

Answers

• Ramzi K
    Ramzi K ✭✭✭✭✭

@gmb-nps-xofigo88916

Your syntax is not correct - try this:

=SUMIFS([VENDOR QUESTION Amount of Credit],[VENDOR QEUSTION Amount of Credit],[Vendor Name]:[Vendor Name], "Curium", [Claim Status]:[Claim Status], "Pending - With AP")

Hope that works for you.

Cheers,

Ramzi

Ramzi Khuri - Principal Consultant @ Cedar Tree Consulting (www.cedartreeconsulting.com)

Feel free to email me: ramzi@cedartreeconsulting.com

💡 If this post helped you out, please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful.

• Melanie Sanders
    Melanie Sanders ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello @Ramzi K. Thanks for taking a look. I am still getting the UNPARSEABLE error message unfortunately. Any other ideas?

• Hi @gmb-nps-xofigo88916

It looks like one of your column names might be misspelled in this formula...

=SUMIFS([VENDOR QUESTION Amount of Credit],[VENDOR QUESTION Amount of Credit],[Vendor Name]:[Vendor Name], "Curium", [Claim Status]:[Claim Status], "Pending - With AP")

The second "Question" was written as "Qeustion". Try it now? I would suggest building the formula from scratch and clicking on a cell to populate column names instead of manually typing them in (I've often made the same mistake!)

If this doesn't work, it would be helpful to see a screen capture with your column names/types.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Melanie Sanders
    Melanie Sanders ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Genevieve P! Thanks for the advice. I did correct the typo and realized I needed to add : instead of , between the criterion-ranges. The correct formula is:

=SUMIFS([VENDOR QUESTION Amount of Credit]:[VENDOR QUESTION Amount of Credit], [Vendor Name]:[Vendor Name], "Curium", [Claim Status]:[Claim Status], "Pending - With AP")

Thank you so much!

• Amazing! Glad you got it working and spotted that very small detail - well done!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!