User Management - Profile Pictures

Some people in my contact list have a circle icon in front of their name showing their photo. Others, "John Smith" for example show only their initials "JS" in the circle icon.

When I go to User Management and edit profile for a user, I can update all their into, however I cannot find an option to upload a photo. So for those with only initials showing, I can't change that.

Am I looking in the wrong place? Can someone tell me how it's done?

By the way, I am a licensed used and system admin on Smartsheet.

Best Answer

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @hcosta52671

Hope you are fine, you can't add the picture for other users in there profile each user can add his own picture

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Answers

• David Joyeuse
    David Joyeuse ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @hcosta52671

If you want to update your profile Icon you have to click on your icon in the upper right corner then select personnal parameters. There you'll be able to change your profile Icon.

Hope it helped!

• hcosta52671
    hcosta52671 ✭✭✭✭

No, that's not what I want to do.

I want to update the profile icon (picture) for another user.

In user management, the user icon is unclickable. (Clicking on the icon would be the logical way to change it).

I can't find an option to change it.

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @hcosta52671

Hope you are fine, you can't add the picture for other users in there profile each user can add his own picture

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• hcosta52671
    hcosta52671 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you Bassam.

It's strange that the Administrator would not be able to add a photo when an Administrator is supposed to manage the system and users.

Hopefully Smartsheet will allow that in a future update.

Hugo

• I agree with the others , this is definitely a function I would like to have as an Admin , I want all my teams to have pictures yet waiting on all the suers to do this ca and will take a long time . Much easier to perform myself - anyone find a work around for this?

• Yes, this would be a nice feature to have. SFTP upload, o365 connector, OneDrive connector, etc.

• I too am the admin and want to add pictures to those who are not savvy or downright lazy. It is more professional to have a image. Old adage "Gives a Face to the Name"

Please make this happen Smartsheets!!

• semiraa
    semiraa
    edited 04/06/22

++1, especially for my use case where I try to make Smartsheets look as user-friendly as possible for marketing stakeholders. :)