Drop down list from another sheet

10/08/20
Accepted

I currently have two sheets. Sheet1: Company List, Sheet2: Contacts. I am trying to create a dropdown column listing the companies from Sheet1 to populate the drop down for a column in Sheet2. This would essentially work as a lookup to keep the values in the contacts sheet limited to the known companies in sheet 1.

I appreciate any suggestions.

Mark

Popular Tags:

Best Answer

Answers

• Can you explain a little more about how Data Uploader solves this problem?

Thanks.

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Erin Ballantine

Here's more information.

Select a Target Sheet and Upload Action

In this step of the workflow, you will configure how you would like the results uploaded into Smartsheet.

1. Select the target sheet to be updated. (If you are using Smartsheet Attachments as a source, this can be the same sheet or a different sheet from the source sheet.)
    2. Choose how you want to import the data into Smartsheet:
      • Replace—Delete all existing data and replace it with the newest data

• IMPORTANT: Choosing replace will delete all context added including cell links.
      •  
      • Merge—Updates data based on a primary key with an option for you to insert new rows. If you choose this option, you'll also need to select whether to add new rows.
      •  
      • Update Dropdowns—Replace Smartsheet dropdown values in Column Properties, from values within your Excel or .csv file

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET PARTNER & CONSULTANT / EXPERT

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.