Change ownership has course missing data source on dashboards

Hi,

I've transferred Admin ownership to myself as the other 2 admins have left. This has caused me to loose data on the dashboards. I have fixed the reports but where it was pulling in data I have lost these and i don't know where it was pulling the info from and don't now how to fix it? Can it be restored or is there an easy fix?

Thanks

Andrea

Answers

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Andrea Mitchell

When you go into the design screen of the Dashboard (i.e. when you click Edit) the widgets that are broken often will tell you the name of the data source if you try and edit them.

Are you able to click on the broken widget and see where it was trying to get the data from?

In my experience, you will need to remove the widgets and add them on again but if you now "own" the source files this should be possible.

I'd happily talk you through this on a zoom call if you'd like me to.

Kind regards

Debbie

• Hi Debbie,

A zoom call would be useful. When I click on the widget it says " The linked sheet is currently not available - it may have been deleted or you do not have permission.

I have made myself owner and admin on the sheets

Thanks

Andrea

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Andrea Mitchell

Hi Andrea, email me on debbie.sawyer@smarterbusinessprocesses.com and I can send you a zoom link. I am free today for the next 2 hrs.

Hope this helps

Debbie

• Sure will send it now

Andrea

• Kayla
    Kayla ✭✭✭✭✭

Providing an update here for anyone else that has/does experience this issue. Per Smartsheet Support, this is expected behavior. It's extremely time consuming and frustrating to have to rebuild widgets or go into each Dashboard and into each widget to take ownership of it. There is turnover in EVERY organization that utilizes Smartsheet. How they have a platform that limits this type of change is mind-blowing.

But as of May 2022, there is no solution, and there doesn't seem to be any concern for it.